I love challenges, and as a self-motivated learner, I really enjoy going above and beyond when it comes to tackling new tasks and learning new skills. In the past year I have deployed/contributed to 5 websites using the latest technologies such as React, Node.js, MongoDB, AWS, Gulp, and Git. That includes completing a full-stack MVP for SRJ Chartered Accounts along side a senior developer. Also, I have Co-Founded my own startup with one other colleague, developing a full-stack web application by myself. I know this job requires someone who is open to learning and I’m not only open, I’m excited to continue to do so.
SRJ Chartered Accountants
FULL STACK DEVELOPER INTERN (PART-TIME)
Jan 2019 - Present
• Created library of reusable React UI Components for the entire application.
• Developed entire UI for website by translating Sketch designs into React.
• Implemented backend REST API’s in NodeJS.
• Increased performance and code readability by 80% by refactoring entire front-end.
December 2018 - Present
CounselConnect is an online platform dedicated to helping members of a local community connect with credible, trustworthy, and experienced law practitioners situated in Ontario. With CounselConnect, legal assistance is right at the tip of your fingers.
• Architected, designed and developed Beta V1.0 (portal for sole practitioners) and V1.1 (portal for law firms) from the ground up.
• Translated UI/UX designs using Sketch into reusable React components.
• Stack includes: React, Node.js, MongoDB, AWS, Sass, Sketch, Trello, Github
Fundscraper Capital Inc.
DEVOPS ENGINEER INTERN
May 2019 - Aug 2019
• Developed and maintained full suite of automated tests for CI/CD pipeline using Cucumber JS.
• Reduced deployment time for critical agile project infrastructure by 70%.
• Increased code readability by 50% by refactoring HTML and PHP code.
The computer software industries has always interested me, from web applications to mobile applications.
Dream companies I dream of working for include Facebook, Google, Amazon, and Apple.
I am most interested in becoming a Full-Stack Developer
Some character traits that best describe me include, enthusiastic, fast learner, and hard working.
- Ontario Scholar
Ontario Ministry of Education
Obtained an average of at least 80% in any size Grade 12 University Preparation courses.
School Yearbook Cover Design
Communication Technology Teacher
An individual assignment was assigned, where we had to design the school's yearbook cover for the year of 2016 - 2017. My design was created through the use of Adobe Photoshop and was selected after many rounds of voting to be represented.
Major in Computer Science
Data Structures, OOP, Software Systems Development and Integration, Algorithm Analysis, Operating Systems, Microcomputers
Portfolio Website ( hadiaamir.com )
• Developed UI/UX of the platform and styled using CSS3 from scratch.
• Created REST API endpoints in NodeJS by implementing a contact form.
• Utilized AWS to deploy platform by incorporating S3, EC2, ELB, Route53, Cloudfront, and ACM.